Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New Posty Post

Though ive devoted a lot more time to my private journal than my online blog, i have not foresaken you!
im loving this whole "get all my thoughts down on paper" thing. Whether you guys get to read about them or not it is truly one of the most liberating things i have done for my heart. ive realized that im certainly not an inward processor. My thoughts get jumbled up in my brain and i find that i often go to say one thing and something completely different will come out. is anyone with me? its like i cant completely organize my thoughts in my head, i need to either talk about it out loud with someone, or just write it down. i dont know why ive been so ignorant to this secret for so long! maybe because ive been a big lazy face.

Here for you, is a simple truth that i personally will eat up for the rest of my life on this earth; God is more commited to answering my prayers than I am to pray them. Oh, if i could only grasp onto this, claim it! believe it! Then i could come before Him with a whole lot more boldness. [Psalm 138:3] says "on the day I called, You answered me; You made me bold with strength in my soul." Not 10 days later, but the very day i cry out! He is so dedicated. God waits for us to ask, because He loves to give! Never, ever should we leave our secret place more discouraged or disappointed because we dont THINK the Lord heard us. Nor shall we think He put our prayers on a shelf to answer in "His perfect timing". Although His timing isss perfect, He always hears our prayers the moment we pray them, and promises to give us strength in our inner man from that moment on. So my exhortatiion to you would be, speak this truth, speak it over yourself everyday. You will be blessed.

6 comments:

AnnieBlogs said...

Seriously.....when we discuss this verse tonight you are NOT going to believe the story I have for you. I just almost passed out.

us said...

thank you. i needed that.

im blessed beyond measure to have you as a best friend

Anonymous said...

hey alex!!

it looks like you're doing well. i miss you and your quirkiness.

Kurt Miller said...

O goodness Alex you are awesome. That is an awesome revelation, thanks for the encouragement. Peace out dawg!

Amber said...

i am so in love with your heart.

adam james hanly said...

oh where have all the flowers gone?